Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Annoy Those Sub7 Scanners.

From: Thierry <thierry () PURGE-IT COM>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 20:32:07 +0100

I don't give much value to Fight-Back solutions, do you really care about subseven
scans ? If you do IMHO you are wasting your time, those kids won't stop scanning for
trojan/backdoor servers if subseven crashes from time to time, probably they won't
even notice it locked because of such an Fight-back attack.
In my opinion you have too much of free time if you are wasting your time on such
stuff, subseven is one out of thousands backdoors, the problem is not solved by
attacking the attackers, which by the way sets you on the same level as they are.

Thierry
http://www.Purge-it.com/?incidents