Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Linuxconf scanning

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () LEWIS ORG>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 22:33:13 -0400

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 lamont () icopyright com wrote:

Somewhere out there is a response from the Linuxconf author that he
couldn't get that exploit to work and doesn't believe any 6.x version was
vulnerable.  I can't find the response in google though.

That the maintainer can't make published exploit code work doesn't mean a
whole lot.  That large numbers of script kids are scanning, sometimes just
for linuxconf, doesn't mean it's insecure, but it should worry you.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis () lewis org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |