Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Honeypot on DSL

From: Andreas Rittershofer <andreas () rittershofer de>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:05:16 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 10.05.2005, 14:54 -0500 schrieb Stejerean, Cosmin:
From the internet you should only receive traffic directed at your IP
address and for DSL you usually only get one IP address which might be why
you can not get it to work listening on another IP address.

I don't want it to listen to another IP address; the honeypot should
listen to the IP address I have when I'm online.

If you make it listen on the same address check to see if the firewall on
the host machine is turned off, it might be intercepting the traffic before
the honeypot sees it.

The firewall is off.

mfg ar

--