Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Roo newbie questions

From: yat study <yatstudy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:39:58 +0800

Hi jones,

in bridge mode, you have the 3rd NIC with IP to connect.

.yatstudy

On 6/22/05, mr jones <mrjones130 () yahoo fr> wrote:

hi,

I have 2 questions about a first roo deployment...

The first is about architecture :

I just want to connect one honeypot to the Internet, I tried to put the
router in bridge mode and to retrieve a public IP address directly on my
honeypot (with pppoe). If I put my Honeywall (in bridge mode) between the
router and the honeypot, traffic doesn't pass through it and there is no
more ip address on my honeypot.

How can I do that and what is the best border router configuration (bridge
mode, NAT...) to put a honeypot on the internet ?

The second is a bit silly :

How can I connect my honeywall to the internet (i.e : for using yum) if
network interfaces are in bridge mode ?

thanks a lot for your help

regards

jones