Honeypots mailing list archives

Roo newbie questions

From: mr jones <mrjones130 () yahoo fr>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:24:37 +0200 (CEST)

hi,

I have 2 questions about a first roo deployment...

The first is about architecture :

I just want to connect one honeypot to the Internet, I tried to put the router in bridge mode and to retrieve a public
IP address directly on my honeypot (with pppoe). If I put my Honeywall (in bridge mode) between the router and the
honeypot, traffic doesn't pass through it and there is no more ip address on my honeypot.

How can I do that and what is the best border router configuration (bridge mode, NAT...) to put a honeypot on the
internet ?

The second is a bit silly :

How can I connect my honeywall to the internet (i.e : for using yum) if network interfaces are in bridge mode ?

thanks a lot for your help

regards

jones

 Téléchargez le ici !