Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: what to do with a script kiddie

From: "Hamish Stanaway" <koremeltdown () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:00:47 +0000

Hey again everyone,

Just a quick notification - I am guessing that many have taken the "local law enforcement agency" part of my last post in a way I did not intend. By local law enforcement, I meant local law enforcement of the highest jurisdiction e.g. local FBI office for US citizens, Scotland Yard etc. Obviously, it makes no sense to contact a local sheriff or sheriffs department, Im sorry to those that thought that was the suggested intention. Of course Justin is right, you sometimes local law enforcement isn't enough - but there are always powers above with the jurisdiction in your area to investigate (e.g. the FBI). These people will help you with your case if it is presented to them well enough - but don't expect them to if you haven't already done the hard work.
Have a good day / afternoon / night everyone!

Kindest of regards,

Hamish Stanaway, CEO

Absolute Web Hosting / -= KoRe WoRkS =- Internet Security
Auckland, New Zealand

http://www.webhosting.net.nz
http://www.buywebhosting.co.nz
http://www.koreworks.com