Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: what to do with a script kiddie

From: carnack <carnack () gmx net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:19:11 +0200

On 04.06.2005, at 19:08 Uhr, David Jiménez Domínguez wrote:

You shouldn't expose him, you are studying him (when you are studying an animal for scientific proposes you don't expose the animal itself, you expose your work)... If you're going to use this information for your thesis just use it. You could share it with the community like the honeynet project does.

Dear David,
I will share if I find something interesting, but the incident was nearly the same as told in the "Linux Compromise" chapter of "Know your Enemy" by the Honeynet Project. So I see no further sense to share that info. I recovered all the incident files, like the rootkit, a local root exploit and an IRC bouncer, but they are nothing special and easy to come by.
yours
Christian