Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: arpd on fedora core 3

From: Marc Samendinger <marc.samendinger () sp-online de>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:35:01 +0100

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 06:09:30PM +0100, Joachim Schipper wrote:

I did eventually get it to compile, but it seems I stupidly did not make
a patch file (would be willing to send you the binary, though - any x86
(not optimized, I guess), dynamically linked, libdnet-1.8, glibc 2.3.4
snapshot, not stripped, worked for me - but you shouldn't accept that
unless you trust every guy on the internet with access to your
computer...)

Hmmm, it would run on a honeypot.
Anyone ever tried this, asking for a binary on a public forum and wait to
see what you get?
How big is the chance to get a specially crafted binary.
risks? value? would it be worth the trouble?

              Joachim

marc