Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: arpd on fedora core 3

From: Joachim Schipper <j.schipper () math uu nl>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:14:16 +0100

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 09:10:49PM -0500, Jeffrey B. Murphy wrote:
I am trying to get honeyd up and running. I would like to use arpd. I
have a fedora core 3 install. There doesn't seem to be an arpd fc3 rpm
in the dag repo. So I tried the fedora core 2 rpm.
(arpd-0.2-0.1.fc2.dag). It installs fine (I also have libevent-1.0,
honeyd-1.0, and libdnet-1.7 installed). When i try arpd IP i get the
following error:
arpd: symbol lookup error: arpd: undefined symbol: event_sigcb

Any ideas?

Thanks.

How about running 'ldd /path/to/arpd'? That should tell you what
libraries are required. Chances are good you don't have one or more of
them.

You could try rebuilding the FC2 SRPM, or just compile it from source.
(Or find an RPM somewhere else, of course.)

                Joachim