Honeypots mailing list archives

Virtual Honeypot Users

From: Brian Burton <brianburton () telus net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:04:33 +0000

I've been thinking about this lately and wonder what others think...

Basically do you think it would be worth it to simulate actual users logging in and doing tasks on honeypots? I know you'd then have additional activity on the honeypot you'd have to account for but just thought this would be an interesting addition for them making them more realistic.
I thought of it since when hackers do get into the box they for sure check if anyone is logged on and I'd assume it always
seem odd if no one is ever logged in or anything additional has happened since the previous time they've been on.

I'm sure others have thought of this or something similar so was curious on what you think about doing this.

Brian