Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Excluding address ranges in arpd/honeyd

From: "Williams Jon" <WilliamsJonathan () JohnDeere com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:10:52 -0500

Agreed, routers should filter out the bogons to prevent them from
crossing the network, however I also believe that honeyd probably
shouldn't be creating bogons in the first place.  If we all know that it
is a violation of RFCs, common sense, and propriety for software to
source packets from a multicast address, then it seems to me that honeyd
should "know" this, either built-in or via a bogon config file, and
never send out packets with source addresses in the bogon list.

Jon