Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: cant install honeyd on redhat 9

From: "JAMIE CRAWFORD" <crawford () cmsu1 cmsu edu>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 14:25:34 -0500

Attached is the config.log
Thanks for everyones help.
jamie

Niels Provos <provos () citi umich edu> 06/06/04 02:55AM >>>
On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 09:31:31PM -0500, JAMIE CRAWFORD wrote:
I am too having the exact same problem. I have tried to install the
latest honeyd (honeyd-0.8b) on redhat 7.3, and fedora core2. Both end
up
with the same error (checking for working addr_cmp in libdnet...
configure: error: you need to install a more recent version of
libdnet
).  Ive installed libdnet (libdnet-1.8) with no errors, along with
libevent (libevent-0.8) with no errors.  This is driving me nuts.  I
noticed on honeyd.org that it says that Honeyd should compile and run
on
*BSD systems, GNU/Linux and Solaris.  Well if anyone has a clue how
fix this let me know. I'm going to install freebsd now, and if that
doesn't work, I'll go the 2k server route.

First of all.  Honeyd should compile with libdnet-0.8.  Please check
your config.log to see what the actual error message is, there might
be problems to get the test program to compile.

Niels.