Honeypots mailing list archives

re: cant install honeyd on redhat 9

From: Nick Smith <nick.smith () telus net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 11:08:43 -0700

I had the same problem with RH8.0; I got the following error when
running ./configure:

    checking for working addr_cmp in libdnet... configure: error: you
need to install a more recent version of libdnet

I'm not a developer, so most of the configure script does not make much
sense to me. However, I noticed that the configure script for arpd also
does a check for the addr_cmp function in libdnet and it did not
complain about it. As far as I could tell, libdnet had installed
correctly on my system and arpd is working ok, so I decided to hack the
honeyd configure script so that it did not complain about libdnet.
Here's the diff between the original and my modified version of
configure. As you will see, I just replaced the original test for
addr_cmp with the test in the configure script of arpd.

5879,5881c5879,5883
<         { { echo "$as_me:5879: error: you need to install a more
recent version of libdnet" >&5
< echo "$as_me: error: you need to install a more recent version of
libdnet" >&2;}
<    { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }
---
       echo "$as_me:5879: result: no" >&5
echo "${ECHO_T}no" >&6
        cat >>confdefs.h <<\EOF
#define HAVE_BROKEN_DNET 1
EOF

I'm sure that someone on the list will be able to provide a more
authoritative answer (and maybe they will tell me that my honeyd
installation is broken as a result of the above kludge), however, from
the limited testing that I have done with honeyd, it seems to be working
ok.

Nick

i cant bring up my honeyd on my redhat 9 box till now. im tired
already. can
anyone tell me what type of box that u r using, what version of
honeyd. i
fail to install honeyd 0.8 and 0.7 on my rh9 box. it keeps saying that