Honeypots mailing list archives

Need suggestions on testing honeypot

From: James Chong <james_cwy () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:21:54 -0800 (PST)

Hello all.I am new to honeypots and had set up a
honeypot using honeyd 0.7 running on redhat 9. I would
like to test this honeypot but unsure how.
Due to some restrictions I cannot put it on the
Internet-I know this is the best but no can do.

Due to this, are there any other ways to test my
honeypot?
I want to show that it had deployed successfully the
templates, it captures the attacks, generates an
analysis/graph of the attacks on the honeypot.
Basically it is to prove that honeyd is up and running
and does what it suppose to do.

Now, because I cannot expose it to the Internet I need
to come up with my own attacks-do them on my
own.Unfortunately, I am not that good with these
things and hope someone can provide some info and
guidance on where I can learn up the attacks quickly.

What tools can I use to test my honeypot?

Pls advise.Thanks a million
James C