Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: honeypots as spam traps

From: Stef <stefmit () comcast net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:37:52 -0600

On Mar 5, 2004, at 10:12 AM, Andy Streule wrote:

hi

just wondering what people using honeypots as spam traps do with their
collected info.
There doesnt seem much point reporting spam to the place it comes from as
more often than not,
their isps are ones, listed in spamhaus.org SBL, that seem to be ignoring
the problem.

I wonder if there's any use in making reports and sending them to the
destination ISPS.

I'm using KFSensor as a spam trap, I'm in the process of writing some
scripts to do something useful with the log files.

regards

Andy

I know some may disagree, but I use to report my honeypot (actually honeytokens) received email, via Vipul's Razor agent, then just delete it.

Stef