Honeypots mailing list archives

honeypots as spam traps

From: Andy Streule <andy.streule () lythamhigh lancs sch uk>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:12:51 +0000

hi

just wondering what people using honeypots as spam traps do with their
collected info.
There doesnt seem much point reporting spam to the place it comes from as
more often than not,
their isps are ones, listed in spamhaus.org SBL, that seem to be ignoring
the problem.

I wonder if there's any use in making reports and sending them to the
destination ISPS.

I'm using KFSensor as a spam trap, I'm in the process of writing some
scripts to do something useful with the log files.

regards

Andy

Technical Support
Lytham St. Annes High Technology College
http://www.lythamhigh.lancs.sch.uk

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the
first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
" I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet
Pooh nodded thoughtfully.
"It's the same thing," he said.

This e-mail is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its content.