Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Help Needed: Having a problem with sebek server

From: Pierre LALET <lalet () enseirb fr>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:26:56 +0100

Laurent OUDOT wrote:
The question might be stupid, but let's go : is the server's interface
an ethernet device ? If no, I thing the server does not work (well I
could not manage to make it work on a ppp device).

Do you know why from a technical point of view ?

The handler function in sbk_extract.c (used as the pcap_handler argument in the pcap_loop call) seems to treat the packet as an ethernet packet, regardless of what it is really (unless I'm wrong).

pierre

--
Pierre LALET -- Droids Corporation
lalet () enseirb fr -- http://www.enseirb.fr/~lalet