Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Help Needed: Having a problem with sebek server

From: "Turner,Robbin J." <robbin () mitre org>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:21:55 -0500

I used the command:

sbk_extract -i eth0 -f tcpdump.out -p 53 | sbk_upload.pl -u sebek -p sebek_pw -d sebek

which gave me the below error. So I tried to see which part was giving the error. So I just did:

   sbk_extract -i eth0 -f tcpdump.out -p 53

and got the same response. Btw I got MySql configured and working. But would still like to see any configurations or setup instructions or scripts you might have to verify I did it the same as you would.
Anyway back to the problem.  I then ran:

   sbk_extract -i eth0 -p 53

just to see if it was picking up the honeypots output. It did, I could see the interaction when I would type on the honeypot output would spew forth from STDOUT on the sebek server. I used the command tcpdump -F filter -w tcpdump.out. This I then used as indicated above which produced the output below. Tcpdump version is 3.7.2 and libpcap version 0.7.2.

So I then tried to pipe the output from the sbk_extract to a file with the above sbk_extract command. Then I tried to use sbk_upload.pl to upload that output but nothing happened, no errors, it just seemed to execute and quite.

Thanks for any help or advise.
Robbin Turner