Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Help Needed: Having a problem with sebek server

From: Laurent OUDOT <oudot () rstack org>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:51:22 +0100

Pierre LALET a écrit:
Hello,

Turner,Robbin J. wrote:

I was trying to extract the data from a tcpdump stream and the
sbk_extract is giving me a malformed sebek record error.  The data is
coming off a Debian honeypot into a RedHat box running tcpdump.  Then
I'm piping the tcpdump output into the sbk_extract and getting the
following:
[SNIP]

The question might be stupid, but let's go : is the server's interface
an ethernet device ? If no, I thing the server does not work (well I
could not manage to make it work on a ppp device).

Do you know why from a technical point of view ?

laurent, curious