Honeypots mailing list archives

question: honeyd subsystem support

From: Han Xu <xuhan () cc gatech edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:43:49 -0400 (EDT)

(newbie question)

Hi,

I am using honeyd 0.6a to try to run simulated subsystem. I put "add
template_name subsystem cmdstring" in the .conf file, where cmdstring is
my program, and the template is bound to an unused IP.

The honeyd runs and no any error messages, I can see my program is started
and running. Since my program sends UDP packets to other IP addresses, I
went to other machine to check it out. The problem is, the received packet
showed source IP is the real IP of the source machine, not the bound
virtual IP via honeyd.

Since this is my first time to use "subsystem" under honeyd, is there any
special things I need to take care ? Thanks,

btw, it's really difficult to find more documentation of honeyd than the
manpage and faq.

Han