Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honeyd Censorship

From: Seth Arnold <sarnold () wirex com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:51:10 -0700

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 10:32:41AM -0700, Jeremy Bennett wrote:
What portion of this new amendment does honeyd purportedly violate?

The law outlaws technologies that obscure the source or destination of
digital communications from carriers. Honeyd can be configured to fake
the presense of entire networks. That sounds like obscuring the source
or destination to me. But then, I'm not a lawyer recognized by the bar
in any of the states that have passed such laws.

--
United States of America: The world leader in short-sighted policy!