funsec mailing list archives

Chain (e)mail ...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 11:35:24 -0700

Yeah, it's still around.  I received a message with one of those standard
platitudinous postings today.  (At least it didn't have a huge slideshow attached.)
It had a rather interesting closing:

next time if you get a 'forward', don't think that you've been sent just another
forwarded joke, but that you've been thought of today and your friend on the
other end of your computer

If you FORWARD this email please remove my email address and forward using
BCC only.

In other words, a justification for filling your mailbox with this facile tripe, and
please follow these instructions for shallow and unconvincing tricks to try and
fool people into thinking this chainletter isn't a chainletter  :-)

(The person who sent me the message hadn't followed the instructions  :-)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
                     Knock, knock.
                     Race condition.
                     Who's there?
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links