funsec mailing list archives

Re: I'll believe corporations are people when they let them drive in the HOV lane ...

From: Dan White <dwhite () olp net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 16:46:32 -0600

On 02/04/13 17:10 -0500, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
Years of watching the oligarchy (politicians and their contributors)
corrupt due process without responsibility or accountability has led
me to hope for a new start. If the new start is pissed-off arabs
flying airplanes into those who created the mess, then I'm for it. Its
clear we are not going to get it with other means.

Currently, I agree that the landscape makes fixing-things-from-the-inside
extremely difficult. Several groups with brain power (i.e. Root Strikers)
have not accomplished much at a national level.

However, I'm highly encouraged by the fact that the younger crowd (those
making up the majority of voters in the future), are open to technological
fixes to problems. Many may share your disillusionment, however, and that
in itself could lead to positive change.

Don't be hesitant of starting over. Creationist should appreciate the
biblical theme - nearly all ancient societies talk about the great
flood. Chrisitianity turned it into Noah and the Ark. It should appeal
to Evolutionist too. The fall of the dinosaurs led to the rise of the
mamals.

Starting over at times is righteous and natural.

Starting over, without fixing the processes that got us here is just going
to lead to the same result. Rapid incremental change (to legal code) is what's
going to make the difference, but that's going to require a change in how
representational government works - as in cutting the representatives out.

By the way, I watched a lot of House of Cards over the weekend.
Entertaining stuff. However, if it has any resemblance to reality, we're in
big trouble.

--
Dan White