funsec mailing list archives

Re: Twinkipocalypse averted

From: "Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)" <michael.blanchard () emc com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 16:03:51 +0000

You see though… I don’t care how big of a raise the CEO got, as that contributes to the high cost of Hostess as well….
but the UNION demanded pay contracts contribute more to the final price of the items….

 Both those items will cause a company to go bankrupt, as Hostess has done…  the final straw that caused them to close
the doors was the Union wanting to go on strike, even though the owners said “go on strike and we’ll shut the place
down and lock the doors”….  They even gave them 2 days of strike I believe before drawing a line in the sand “ 5pm
today if you’re still on strike we shut down for good”….   The arrogance of the union cause the demise of Hostess…  ALL
unions are the same, they are no longer needed and should be removed completely….  Let free enterprise dictate
survival….

Little Debbie is a perfect example… no unions, better management solutions…  lower costs to the end consumer…. THEY’RE
still in business and Hostess with BIG unions, and fairly poor management caused them to go bankrupt….

 You know what else, I’d flip my middle finger to any government official that mandates that I arbitrate with anyone to
keep my company open…. It’s MY company, Fuck the government telling me that I have to negotiate with anyone…  I set my
rules in MY company, if people don’t like it tough shit, they can work somewhere else…. If I want to shut down MY
company the government (national or local) has no right to mandate I keep my doors open…
   Contracts with the workers are a different story, if I had one with them, I’d invoke the buy out clause in their
contract and then close my doors…..

 Other than that I have no opinion on the subject  ☺

Michael P. Blanchard
Senior Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
32 Coslin Drive
Southboro, MA 01772