funsec mailing list archives

LinkeDin followup

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 17:02:53 -0700

Some have raised the issue that it might be wise to wait to change passwords until
we know how the password file was accessed.

I'd say that 'tis better to have changed, and have to change again, than never to
have changed at all.

In regard to the "how did they get the passwords," though, I am sure that it is pure
coincidence that I've received two LinkeDin specific phishing spam messages in
the last few hours ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
I am the Lord; that is my name!
   I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.
See, the former things have taken place,
   and new things I declare;
Before they spring into being
   I announce them to you.                           - Isaiah 42:8,9
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade