funsec mailing list archives

Re: LinkeDin!

From: "Nick FitzGerald" <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 11:44:29 +1200

Stephanie Daugherty to Patrick Laverty:

I'm the camp that'll hang on until LinkedIn says they've patched the
problem, otherwise I'm just risking giving away a second password.

For me, the right answer would be to change the password to a random one,
keep the random one in my password manager, and reevaluate the situation
after they've had a chance to clean up their mess.

Oh cr*p -- you mean changing linkedin1 to linkedin2 is NOT best
practice?

I'd better update that all-staff memo I just sent out...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald