funsec mailing list archives

Re: Did the borg start this way?

From: Chris Boyd <cboyd () gizmopartners com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:01:45 -0600

On Jan 17, 2012, at 2:18 PM, <michael.blanchard () emc com> <michael.blanchard () emc com> wrote:

I'm sorry, but that is AWESOME!  Think about all the diseases that a microchip can cure... Parkinson's, epilepsy,
Alzhiemers, etc etc....

And OMFG!
"One philosophical question could arise once we'll be able to download a person's whole brain onto a chip and then
implant the chip into someone else's body."

Wouldn't it be cool to back up your brain?  Sort through the memories and go through them....   oh, think about
cerebral-hackers or cerebral-hijackers! Change someone's memories to whatever they want....  Full on "total recall"
baby!  "why actually go on vacation when you can simply remember going for a fraction of the cost!"

You mean like in Johnny Mnemonic?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Mnemonic

Skip the movie and find a collection of Gibson's early works with the story in it.

--Chris