funsec mailing list archives

Re: Did the borg start this way?

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:46:59 +1300

Valdis to Patrick Laverty:

"I know Kung Fu."

"Show me."

At which point we'll need even better anti-virus software for memes,
because otherwise you just can't win The Game.

Nah -- at that point we will have mandatory "file" format and data
structure definitions and _very_ strict conformance checking of the
same PLUS cross-referencing with the allowable value ranges/performance
capabilities/etc of the recipient wetware before allowing it to load
into hardware that interfaces with that wetware instance.

If not -- well, let's just say _you_ are welcome to use it...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald