funsec mailing list archives

Re: Do I have the right to refuse this search? [good read on TSA]

From: silky <michaelslists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:50:06 +1100

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
http://www.hlswatch.com/2009/10/15/%E2%80%9Cdo-i-have-the-right-to-refuse-this-search%E2%80%9D/

I thought this was a fairly inappropriate stance:

"I was left to conclude that I am not screened because I look like a
terrorist. I am routinely screened because I look like someone who
will readily comply.  I decided then that my next invitation to enjoy
additional screening would be met with more inquiry."

Exactly what does a terrorist look like, then? She's implying that
there is some sort of typical model. I'd suggest that a random
samplying combined with some sort of profiling is appropriate, but to
say you don't *look* like a terrorist? Bit racist, in my humble
opinion.

--
silky

http://dnoondt.wordpress.com/