funsec mailing list archives

Re: One way or another, it's going to heat up ...

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:37:47 +1200

Joel Esler to me to Valdis to Joel:

I understand it's handy to post shortened URL's, however...

can you not?

Anything could be buried under that bit.ly link.

At least tinyurl.com has their 'preview' function.

As does bit.ly -- just add a "+" to the end of the URI...

Thanks for that tip.  ...

You're welcome...

...  However, back to the point.  Don't post shortened URLs.

Absolutely agree (or, at least, post the full URI as well -- even if I
have to manually unlinewrap the full URI...).

And I'll never post a "short URI" (unless there is something
specifically discussion-worthy of some specific short URI).

Or.. here's a thought..  copy the whole article into the email instead of making us go to a webpage!

8-)

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald