funsec mailing list archives

Re: climate gate and programming bugs

From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:49:28 -0800

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Larry Seltzer <larry () larryseltzer com>wrote:

  >> The reality is that for a whole bunch of reasons, a lot of stuff just
isn't available.  If you want it, if you want to reimplement it, you get
documentation in the form of a paper showing how to achieve what is
claimed.  Is the paper enough?  Sometimes it is, yeah.  But always?  Even
often?  No, not at all.

That’s as may be. If we’re expected to impose massive taxes and regulations
on the economy based on this supposedly settled science we need to expect
more in the way of proof.

It's a talking point.  Delay, delay, delay, ignore reality when it's
inconvenient.

The scientific consensus around climate change is *overwhelming*.