funsec mailing list archives

Re: Family tech support

From: Robert Portvliet <robert.portvliet () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:52:10 -0500

I'm afraid would & will are two different things, both my girlfriend &
my mother are able to use Ubuntu with no problems & I do agree that it
is a very easy distro to use.

However, when I was shopping for a eeepc I saw quite a few posts
saying 'don't get $xmodel it has Linux on it!'... I'm sure almost all
users could easily use Gnome, the problem is getting them to try
something new.