funsec mailing list archives

Re: Was the ClimateGate Hacker Justified? Join the Debate!

From: Martin Tomasek <tomasek () ufe cz>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:42:49 +0100

Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
...once you got a fit like that, you can then
pretty safely use the CO2 concentration to predict temperature.  Then you
just get the annual worldwide consumption of fossil fuels, use that to
figure out what the CO2 concentration will be in 2050, and from that you
can make a damned good guess how warm Greenland and Miami are going to be.

Well.. you are believing it too much. Most of public 'climate' data is
just propaganda. Some people I know tried to get raw data for some
papers from climate 'scientists' and were told that data are proprietary.

I've been in multiple camps on issue of global warming and at the time
I'm not just climatesceptic, but I'm sceptical on 'science' on 'climate'
too.

I'll give you one exercise. :-) Try to verify quality of temperature
measurements in USA, which are used for predicting 'climate change'. I
followed publily available information and found that some of weather
stations used for measurement are placed on parking lot, beside of pub
ventilator etc.. The numbers of bad measurement practices were so high
that I did this only for a small number of weather stations. I concluded
that high temperature rise in the US is just artifact of measurement method.

--
Martin Tomasek

"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." --Benjamin Franklin