funsec mailing list archives

Re: Was the ClimateGate Hacker Justified? Join the Debate!

From: RandallM <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:07:38 -0600

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 08:17:47 -0500
From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Subject: Re: [funsec] Was the ClimateGate Hacker Justified? Join the
       Debate!
To: "Gadi Evron" <ge () linuxbox org>, "funsec" <funsec () linuxbox org>

I'll take a stab at actually answering the question:

Yes, absolutely it was justified to leak these e-mails because the
implications of this issue are huge for the economy and the livelihood
of millions.

Some people may think that the science is settled and any questions are
trivia but not everyone thinks that way and there are experts in the
field among them. We read of these experts and efforts to suppress their
opinions in the e-mails and we read of efforts to cook the data in them.

We're being asked to impose what are, in effect, huge taxes on the
economy with this science given as a justification. We're entitled to a
full examination of the science and how it was approached and these
e-mails are revealing in that regard.

Larry Seltzer
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry_seltzer () ziffdavis com
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/

PS - If you haven't guessed it already, I think that climate science is
largely full of crap. Put aside for the minute that the models can't
explain why we've had *cooling* for the last 10 years; why would you
think that you can look at ice cores and use them to recreate
temperatures to within fractions of a degree? You can only prove the
accuracy of such methods by comparing them with actual temperatures and,
of course, we can't do that. I've had the sense for a long time that
these guys know a whole lot less about this stuff than they claim to.

------------------------------

Gosh Larry, that makes you "subhuman"

I look down with contempt on the inferior creatures who are dumb enough to fall for this denialist nonsense.  They
belong with the creationists, the flat-earthers, and other subhuman primates who lack the intelligence required for
classication as "homo sapiens".  Perhaps they should consult their horoscopes, or have their fortunes read, or
worship their laughable gods, instead of concerning themselves with matters far beyond their pitifully feeble
intellects.

---Rsk

--
been great, thanks