funsec mailing list archives

Re: dumb. Comcast pop-ups

From: "Alex Lanstein" <ALanstein () FireEye com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:29:13 -0700

I like that Comcast is at least trying /something/ to protect their users.  They've been at the forefront of these
initiatives in the US for a while - first to block windows service ports, first to block outbound port 25, (one of
the?) first to provide free AV, etc.

Obviously they need to be an unobtrusive as possible, so I think it will move to some sort of walled-garden in the end,
where the user can simply opt out for X days if they don't care about the infection.

Alex