funsec mailing list archives

Re: [funsec] Don’t lol – Cyberbullying is No Joke in Congress

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents-montreal org>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 08:33:03 -0400 (EDT)

[...], would criminalize cyberbullying,
`(a) Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any
communication, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, harass, or
cause substantial emotional distress to a person, using electronic
means to support severe, repeated, and hostile behavior, shall be
fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or
both."

Seriously though - do we *really* want to pass a law that could
potentially make a lot of us felons?

Perhaps "we" don't want to, but I think the world would be better off
without the behaviours described in the quote.  If it really would
"make a lot of you felons", I believe that "lot of you" need to clean
up your acts.

Now, if only there were some way to enact it *and* get it enforced
fairly *and* suppress mission creep, I might support it.  (Not that my
support or lack thereof would matter, me being on the wrong side of
your northern border....)

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse () rodents-montreal org