funsec mailing list archives

Re: "File server blew up over the weekend. Over 1000 SQL backup job failures in the inbox this morning. "

From: "K. Brian Kelley" <arakakisudaki () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 12:58:39 -0700 (PDT)

There are quite a few of us in the SQL Server community who have running search queries up on Twitter for "SQL Server"
in order to see anyone who may be tweeting about SQL Server. This particular one has been going on for some time. I'm
assuming it's attempting to catch someone who is doing searches like this. Of course, since they tend to blast out
across several profiles at the same time with the exact same message, it's easy to spot that all the profiles are bots
and not real people. Most of the tweets have come API but I have seen a few from TweetDeck.

Brian
 K. Brian Kelley, Microsoft MVP - SQL Server
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/brian_kelley/default.aspx
http://twitter.com/kbriankelley/