funsec mailing list archives

Re: "File server blew up over the weekend. Over 1000 SQL backup job failures in the inbox this morning. "

From: Robert Portvliet <robert.portvliet () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 15:01:40 -0400

It's just filler to make the bot look like a human, the real point is
the spam tweets in between the other inane dribble & jokes.

I noticed that most of the bots I looked at don't seem to be following
anyone (or follow very few), but do average a couple hundred
followers.. are they getting followers via DMing people or what?

Also, I've noticed at least some of the bots are being followed by other bots...

Weird stuff, may have to devote some time to checking it out...