funsec mailing list archives

Re: Firefox' privacy mode not so private

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents-montreal org>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:30:54 -0400 (EDT)

With all those webvideo sites around nowadays it is kinda hard to
sound convincing when stating "I don't use flash" :)

Well, I suppose you can refuse to believe me if you like, but I
certainly don't have anything to do with flash.  Nor with "webvideo
sites".  For the most part I just don't Web, and when I do I use lynx.
(Well, except at work, where they've got some marvelous new impediments
to getting work done whose only even-minimally-usable interfaces are
Web ones, so there's a second machine on my desk for the times when I
have to interact with them.  Who, me?  Annoyed at having to use Web
crap?  Whatever gives you that idea?)

However, that really has little-to-no bearing on the deficiencies in
Firefox's local data management (or anyone else's, for that matter); I
don't need to use something to recognize that it's behaving stupidly.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse () rodents-montreal org