funsec mailing list archives

Re: Hello. I live in Salem, and I believe in witches.

From: chris () blask org
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 16:34:07 -0700 (PDT)

-- On Wed, 9/9/09, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

I can tell there's sarcasm or irony there, by the tone of voice, but other  than that, I cannot work out what this
posting is about.

Could someone give me some pukka gen on this?

Sorry, sometimes we forget that the entire world doesn't revolve around our 24-hour news cycle, and if I recall you're
from that odd foreign country where people mash bangers (whatever they are) and walk around saying "yoicks!" and
"tally-ho!" and such things.  Let me clarify:

The US has a president, and a vocal minority of the opposition party are convinced he is the Second Coming of Hitler
(literally), having recently been thawed out from his orbital cryogenic womb.  The president made a ten-minute video
presentation to school children that was to be delivered yesterday, and said bat-guano minority threatened to "take our
kids out of school to protect their incredibly fragile minds from his commie indoctrination!!!", so in my state (like a
Province, but moreso) the school board issued a directive that schools would have to get permission from the parents of
all the students - in the 24 hours before a holiday weekend - (alternately, the principal of the school could choose to
hit him/herself in the face with a bat for three hours, but he had to have the act videotaped and notarized).

So, in the end, the tinfoil-wearing parents of my state successfully protected my children from being exposed to this
life-altering video clip, thereby saving them from a lifetime of servitude as sex-slaves in the state-run child
whorehouses that will be the inevitable end-result of the current alien dictatorship.

Is the snark-free version more clear?

-chris