funsec mailing list archives

Re: Hello. I live in Salem, and I believe in witches.

From: chris () blask org
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 13:46:27 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah <rMslade () shaw ca> wrote:

That's really evil.  I can understand why you guys
want to get rid of this offshore jungle bunny.

I know.  Crazy talk I tell ya'!

I almost feel like rounding up all the folks who said "Show some respect to your Commander in Chief!" during the last
administration and spanking them all, except I would be in that group, too, and I just don't like being spanked.  90%
of them are the same folks calling the current CiC a commie homo and pulling their kids out of school - I think the
irony may be lost on them...

However, reading the text as an educator, it comes across as pretty banal.  Is the video up on YouTube yet?  Maybe he
does better in delivery ...)

It's up on the WH site:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-by-the-President-in-a-National-Address-to-Americas-Schoolchildren/

It is pretty whitebread, which is probably appropriate given the speaker and the forum.  "You can do it, go team go!"
What else can/should a president say to every kid in the country?  "Don't forget to worship the right deity."?

-chris