funsec mailing list archives

Re: Thoughts on Bing

From: chris () blask org
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 05:00:16 -0700 (PDT)

From: Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 3:48 PM

(Aside from the prettier background?)

I would say that the background of Bing is Fail #1.  Google has aced this topic in a way that cannot be surmounted: you
can't unclutter blank.  The calming whiteness of Google is the "Don't Panic!" sticker for the Internet, marginally
lowering the blood pressure of millions of frustrated noobs and frazzled old timers.  By adding color and pictures of
near-sighted yaks, Bing hasn't done anything to make things simpler.

As for how well it works, I don't know.  I'm generally a demonstration of Newton's conclusion about bodies at rest, and
Google isn't not working for me yet.

-chris