funsec mailing list archives

Re: I don't recognize it, so it must be a bomb

From: chris () blask org
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 09:23:50 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sat, 8/1/09, Tomas L. Byrnes <tomb () byrneit net> wrote:

Because Fox uses their own reporters and affiliates, as
opposed to mostly regurgitating AP and Reuters.

They have a real NETWORK, with LOCAL affiliates.

And they broadcast extremist religious shows (Christian only, of course!) on their radio stations...

FOX is a platform for capturing hard-right to extreme-right viewers/listeners, MSNBC is primarily a platform for
capturing hard-left to extreme-left viewers (but they start every day on the hard-right, selling to both sides) and CNN
is selling it's wares to the soft chewy center (folks like me, I regret to say, when I can't stand the hyperbole of the
first two).

None of these infotainment channels qualify as news media.  News can only be found these days when you listen to most
of it, believe none of it, and surf the infowebs on your own.  Anyone who buys the pure line of what infotainment
companies are selling as actual truth is probably also setting traps for the tooth fairy.

-chris