funsec mailing list archives

Re: I don't recognize it, so it must be a bomb

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 11:16:24 +0100

The beeb's relationship with the government is a bit more complex than
"state-run". Its news coverage does tend to be exaggeratedly
anti-government. You could argue that part of its role is be a "safe"
channel for dissent, but that would be cynical. :)

I had a lot more respect for BBC news before I had television and stopped
listening to the world service, though it's generally my news channel of
choice. Some of its news/issues programmes are as fluffy as anyone's, and
have a very restricted view of both "world" and "news" with far too much
"celebrity" and "reality show" content. Grump, grump...

I haven't looked at Al-Jazeera for a good while: when I did, it was better
than I'd expected.

--
David Harley BA CISSP FBCS CITP
Director of Malware Intelligence, ESET