funsec mailing list archives

Re: British Television

From: Predrag Ivanovic <predivan () nadlanu com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 22:57:24 +0200

On Sun, 31 May 2009 02:03:55 +0300
Gadi Evron wrote:

My favorite UK COMEDY of all times is Coupling (UK version, naturally).
It is one of the best shows EVAH! Jeff FTW!
Some compare it to Friends, as it features three female actresses and
three male actors. It's much smarter than any sitcom.
Coupling is cult for me.
But only seasons 1-3, at least for me.When Jeff got replaced with
that..guy, I couldn't watch it anymore.I now watch reruns on several TV stations here, and it is as
awesome as always :)
Difference between 'Coupling' and 'Friends' is that characters
in 'Coupling' are actual, likable, human beings.
IMHO.

My favorite on-the-air UK COMEDY is The IT Crowd. Hilarious geek sitcom!

A friend recommended this to me.I watched all 3 seasons over the weekend.It is incredible :)
Anyone know when/if the new season comes out?

My favorite UK COOL DRAMA show is Life on Mars (Gene Hunt FTW!) and its
sequel Ashes to Ashes (currently playing its second series).

Again, one of my favorites.First season is currently running here, and I've already watched it on
BBC Prime a while back, but it is so good that I'm watching it again.
Is 'Ashes to Ashes' any good?

What are you fav Brit shows?

I grew up watching Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses.
Dr.Who will always taste like chocolate cake to me, because my mother made me one on
Sundays when Dr.Who was on TV :)
Recently, The Blackadder, Mr.Bean, The Thin Blue Line(one of the most underrated shows on TV),
Kumars at No.42, The Office(which freaks out some of my friends accustomed to sitcoms with
laughing track), and of course, currently *the* best show on Earth, Top Gear :).

      Gadi.

Pedja
--
 <wm161> dyslexics of the world, untie!