funsec mailing list archives

Re: British Television

From: Steve Pirk <orion () pirk com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 00:27:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Nick FitzGerald wrote:

Drsolly wrote:

As a Brit, I'm constantly amazed that Americans like Benny Hill.

As a human being, I'm constantly amazed that anyone liked (let alone
may still like) Benny Hill...

Ok, I give up! I believe the phrase I used was "scandalous". Not sure
I used "I liked it". More "I laughed at it. I will check the archives
:-)

Understand, we are talking late '70's, early 80's for Benny Hill (I
think, defintely mid '70's for Flying Circus...). I was younger and
more easily influenced. Think of what we had for american tv comedy
back in the late'70's etc.
--
-steve