funsec mailing list archives

Re: fascinating deceptive writing in news [was: Great NPR foo]

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:15:27 -0400

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:56:28 +0300, Gadi Evron said:
Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
"A boy comes home from school and logs on to the computer. He types in a search
for, say, 'sex pictures'. Thousands of sites appear and he starts exploring. ..."

Horses don't enter into it until later.

I never claimed it's the first thing he does. I was counting.

What you said:

"showing us how our boy can get home from school and with simple searches on
the net for say, horse-back riding can end up in a porn site showing something
else entirely.

Interesting that the article says "sex pictures", but your version says
"horseback riding".  I'd call that at least slightly deceptive. ;)