funsec mailing list archives

Re: Off Topic: Great NPR foo..

From: David M Chess <chess () us ibm com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:43:47 -0400

Larry Seltzer:

NPR is my default station too (it's only that and sports). My favorite
show is Car Talk, but ironically I listen to that on my iPod off the
podcast on iTunes. I'm never in the car when it's on.

That's funny!  NPR is my default station too, but I can't stand Car Talk.
In fact I have two NPR stations on buttons, and when WNYC puts on Car
Talk, I switch to WBGO.  (Another favorite, for amusement value, is Harold
"the world is going to end on 21 October 2011" Camping's WFME "Family
Radio".  I always wonder what the more or less soft-boiled Christian
Broadcasting folks at the station think of their way-over-the-top
founder.)

The [NPR] news bothers me; every single segment is spun politically

Unlike every other news show in the world, you mean?

DC