funsec mailing list archives

Re: Holy Crap: Using a Command Prompt is 'Suspicious Behavior'

From: "Paul M. Moriarty" <pmm () igtc com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:25:26 -0700

OK, the alleged crime is "Obtaining computer services by Fraud or
Misrepresentation".  And it's pretty well spelled out to me in the
Basis of Probable Cause that there, is fact, probable cause.

I'm not saying I personally agree with the law or the actions taken by
the Boston College Police Dept.

I am saying the that the EFF is using a lot of smoke mirrors to try
and play on the emotions of F/OSS and privacy proponents that some
huge egregious miscarriage of justice is taking place.  I call bullshit.

- Paul -