funsec mailing list archives

Re: Holy Crap: Using a Command Prompt is 'Suspicious Behavior'

From: "Richard Golodner" <rgolodner () infratection com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:20:40 -0500

        While this guy may have the skills to do pull of a hurtful prank, he
certainly is no IT whiz! Someone left a wake of log files you could water
ski off of!
         After Paul F posted the link to the search warrant I read it and it
sure looks like whoever did this did not know how to cover their behinds.
The police also appear to have been a bit heavy handed, but what else is
new. Note to college kids, BIG BROTHER is WATCHING especially while you live
on campus. I wonder what Mr.Kletnieks or Mr.Schmell thinks about this?
        I used to think the EFF was cool because John Barlow (lyricist for
Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead) worked there and supported them. I do not
think that anymore.
                Richard